Microsoft Visio previously Microsoft Office Visio, is a diagramming and vector graphics app which is part of the Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Office included apps. The App was first-time shown in 1992, by the Shapeware Corporation. It was acquired by Microsoft Corporation in 2000.
By using Microsoft Visio Viewer, users can freely distribute Visio drawings (files with a .vsdx, .vsdm, .vsd, .vdx, .vdw, .vstx, .vstm, .vst, or .vtx extension) to team members, partners, customers, or others, even if the recipients do not have Visio installed on their computers. Internet Explorer also allows for printing, but this is limited to the portion of the drawing displayed.
•Visio Viewer is implemented as an ActiveX control that loads and renders Visio drawings inside Internet Explorer.
How to us Microsoft Visio
Opening Visio drawings is as easy as double-clicking the drawing file in Windows Explorer. Internet Explorer will open, and Visio Viewer will show the drawing in the browser Screen. You can then pan and zoom in the drawing window by using toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcuts, or menu items in the shortcut menu. Also, you can see properties on any figure by opening the Properties dialog box and then selecting a figure. Some viewing and display settings are available in the Display tab of the Properties box. Additionally, you can set drawing-layer visibility and colors in the Layers tab, and comment visibility and colors in the Comments tab.
Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1
Microsoft Visio works with the following program:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, or 11.
To install and download Microsoft Visio:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button and saving the file to your hard disk.
- To use the 32-bit version of the files, double-click the visioviewer32bit.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- To use the 64-bit version of the files, double-click the visioviewer64bit.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Instructions for use of Microsoft Visio:
- From Windows Explorer, double-click a Visio drawing. An Internet Explorer window opens and loads Visio Viewer, which then loads and renders the drawing in the browser window.
- On the Internet Explorer File menu, click Open. In the Open dialog box, select a Visio drawing. Internet Explorer loads Visio Viewer, which then renders the drawing in the browser window.
- If an Internet Explorer window is already open, you can drag and drop a Visio drawing file into the window. Internet Explorer loads Visio Viewer, which then renders the drawing in the browser window.
- Click Allow blocked content if Internet Explorer displays a warning like “Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls”. Visio Viewer is implanted as an ActiveX control.
To remove or uninstall :
- To remove the download file, delete the visioviewer.exe file from your hard disk.
- Use Control Panel to uninstall Microsoft Visio Viewer.
The above details are for information purposes, to guide a user about Microsoft Office products and its various features. Microsoft Office included apps. To know further you can reach us by email or call or chat on our website office.com/setup
Credits : Microsoft website